Community Managers' - Auckland
Two available roles
- East Auckland
- West Auckland
Join our team providing affordable rental housing for older people in Auckland. We seek to provide safe age-friendly communities, creating environments to support older people to be resilient and content.
Haumaru Housing aims to make a real difference in the services and homes provided to its tenants.
The Community Manager roles will cover either West Auckland or East Auckland, but the portfolios do change from time to time and you may be required to work in other portfolios around Auckland as required.
In this role, you will support the delivery of housing and wellbeing services as the primary and first point of contact for all matters associated with our tenants and villages in this region.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working to achieve organisation KPIs, you will have regular face to face contact with tenants, oversee their welfare, encourage independent living, and manage their tenancy and property requirements within the village. You will also engage with local area resources and stakeholders to create active village communities. Working alongside social service agencies and community organisations, you will be part of this vital support service to tenants.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing residential services to older people either through property services, healthcare or in a community-based role.
Other requirements include:
- Either a minimum of 4 years’ relevant work experience within aged care management, social housing, health or a related community setting, or a specialist qualification in these areas with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Hands-on experience in a field-based role, where you manage your workload to achieve desired outcomes
- Excellent verbal and written communication, a collaborative style and conflict resolution skills
- Solid technology skills to support working in the field
- A current first aid certificate and NZ Driver’s licence.
This is your opportunity to be part of a wonderful team helping to enhance the wellbeing and social connectedness of Haumaru Housing tenants.
If you are proactive, organised and responsive, then we want to hear from you!
For further information and to apply for this role, please contact Roland Phillips, Haumaru Housing Operations Manager, on 021 621 856.